Step Up in Safety Efforts at 146th & Allisonville Rd.

[the_ad id="5320"]

“Community Rallies Around Local Small Business After Burglary

A beloved small business on Main Street has been left reeling after being burgled overnight, with thieves making off with a small fortune in merchandise and cash.

The incident has left the community in shock and has sparked a outpouring of support for the business owner, who has been left reeling from the sudden and devastating loss.

“I’m just in complete disbelief,” said the owner. “I never thought this would happen to me. I’m grateful for all the support we’ve received from the community so far, but it’s going to take a lot to get back on our feet.”

The business, which has been a staple on Main Street for decades, is known for its unique products and personalized customer service. The owner has been working tirelessly to rebuild and replant, and is overwhelmed with the outpouring of support.

In the meantime, police are still investigating the incident, and are urging anyone with information to come forward. The business is offering a reward for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the thief.”

[the_ad id="4253"]

Hamilton County, Indiana

Five Quintessential Years of Blooming Beauty: Indiana Peony Festival Marks a Milestone

Indiana Peony Festival celebrates 5 impactful years this May

[the_ad id="5320"]

Attention peony enthusiasts! Mark your calendars for the 2025 Indiana Peony Festival, returning to historic Seminary Park in Noblesville on May 17th. This year marks a milestone for the festival, which has seen significant growth and impact in its five years.

The Indiana Peony Festival is thrilled to announce Smith’s Jewelers as its premier sponsor, joining forces to celebrate the beauty behind sentimental moments and festival traditions. This partnership is a perfect fit, given Smith’s reputation for helping customers create unforgettable experiences.

The 2025 festival promises an enhanced experience, featuring an array of attractions, including 150 vendors, a Hoosier Row food court, beer and wine, a kids’ zone, and expanded open spaces for attendees to enjoy the park and its stunning floral installations.

“We’re celebrating a milestone for the festival this year, and with Smith’s Jewelers, we want to create a special and memorable experience for our festival-goers,” said Indiana Peony Festival President Kelly McVey. “It’s a peony party celebrating our state flower and our community!”

In addition to the main event on Saturday, a VIPP (Very Important Peony Person) Night, sponsored by CCHA Law, will take place on Friday, May 16. This ticketed event is a fundraiser for the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, supporting work in beautification projects, peony gardens, and horticulture education, as well as promoting Hamilton County as a desirable destination for peony enthusiasts.

A second event, Brunch & Blooms, offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy food and drinks at outdoor locations in and around the Noblesville downtown alleys throughout the day on Saturday.

For more information, visit IndianaPeonyFestival.com.

[the_ad id="4253"]

By The Reporter,

4 hours ago

A Fading Hope: Carmel Woman Ciera Breland Still Missing After 3 Years

‘Important not to forget’: Carmel woman Ciera Breland still missing after 3 years

[the_ad id="5320"]

‘Important not to forget’: Carmel woman Ciera Breland still missing after 3 years

After her niece, Ciera Breland, went missing, Jeannie Locklair Bush found it difficult to write. “Ciera was my biggest fan,” Bush said. “She used to beg me to publish (my writing)… After she disappeared, it was just too hard.”

Ciera Breland, a 31-year-old mother, was last seen in Johns Creek, Georgia, the week of February 20, 2022, while visiting her mother-in-law. She was driving a white 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan with her husband, Xavier Breland Jr., their infant son, and her white labradoodle.

Just four days after her last seen, Xavier Breland Jr. reported Ciera missing to the Carmel Police Department, but investigators found no evidence that she returned to Indiana. Ciera’s last known location was in the 10050 block of Highgate Manor Court in Johns Creek, Georgia, at 7:17 PM on February 24, 2022.

Law enforcement has not ruled out foul play in Ciera’s disappearance, and her family believes she is dead. They also think she would have never left behind her young son.

Xavier Breland Jr., 40, was convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon in connection with a shot being fired at his Carmel home. He was also charged with aggravated stalking in connection to a woman in Georgia who had a temporary protective order against him in 2021. However, he has not been charged in connection with Ciera’s disappearance.

More than three years after her disappearance, the case remains unsolved. The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Ciera’s whereabouts, and the Carmel Police Department can receive tips at 317-571-2500.

Ciera’s family is still seeking answers, saying, “We still have no answers, still not knowing what happened, truly saying goodbye and grieving is impossible. We are all trying our best to move forward and honor Ciera.”

[the_ad id="4253"]

By Jake Allen, Indianapolis Star,

1 days ago

Fatal Bike Accident in Madison County

Bicyclist struck, killed in Madison County

[the_ad id="5320"]

A Tragic Accident on Area Roads: Bicyclist Killed in Thursday Afternoon Crash

A devastating collision took the life of a 56-year-old Pendleton man yesterday afternoon. According to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, the incident occurred around 4:45pm at the intersection of Old 132 and CR 700W. A 19-year-old driver, also from Pendleton, was behind the wheel of a 2024 Dodge Ram when it struck an oncoming cyclist, who was traveling eastbound on Old 132. The injured cyclist was rushed to Saxony Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries. The crash remains under investigation.

[the_ad id="4253"]

Madison County, Indiana

Man sentenced for shooting at police officer at Anderson gas station

Man convicted of attempted murder of police officer in Anderson gas station shooting

[the_ad id="5320"]

LOCAL MAN FOUND GUILTY OF ATTEMPTED MURDER OF POLICE OFFICER

A 40-year-old Anderson man has been found guilty of attempting to murder a police officer during a violent shootout at a local gas station.

According to a news release from the Madison County Prosecutor’s Office, a jury delivered the guilty verdict against Ross Morelock in connection with the May 7, 2024, shooting that left Pendleton Police Officer Jerry Branson injured and hospitalized for a month.

The incident occurred at approximately 2:30 p.m. at a Get Go gas station at the intersection of Broadway Street and West School Street, on the north side of Anderson.

Branson was searching for a vehicle involved in a May 1, 2024, crash on I-69 when he stopped a black Mercedes sedan matching the license plate number. The driver, 23-year-old Amelia Peters, was arrested and taken into custody, while Morelock remained in the passenger seat.

Morelock ignored commands to keep his hands visible, and Branson was forced to point his department-issued handgun at him. However, Morelock produced a handgun and pointed it at the officer, prompting a 10-second shootout in which Branson received a 1-inch graze wound to his shoulder. Morelock also shot himself in the head.

The jury found Morelock guilty of attempted murder, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of a firearm by a serious violent offender. He has also pleaded guilty to the Habitual Offender Enhancement and Felony Firearm Enhancement, which could add significant time to his prison sentence.

Sentencing has been set for April 15, with a maximum possible sentence of 80 years. During the investigation, an internal review cleared Branson of any wrongdoing in the shooting.

[the_ad id="4253"]

By Gregg Montgomery,

10 hours ago

Photo obtained from facebook group.

Indiana Woman’s Remarkable Survival After Six Days Trapped in Crash

A powerful story of human resilience has emerged from Newton County, Indiana, where a woman survived six harrowing days trapped in her crashed vehicle. Brieonna Cassell’s incredible determination to live is an inspiration to us all.  

On Tuesday, March 11th, Cassell was discovered by a passing equipment operator, Johnny Martinez, in a ditch off the roadway in Newton County, about an hour and a half south of Chicago. Martinez alerted his supervisor, the local fire chief, and together they found Cassell, the sole occupant of the vehicle, conscious and able to communicate.  

According to the Newton County Sheriff’s Office, Cassell had suffered severe injuries to her legs, ribs, and wrist. She was swiftly airlifted to a hospital near Chicago for urgent medical treatment.  

The ordeal began on Wednesday, March 6th, when Cassell left her mother’s home and was on her way to visit a friend in Brook, Indiana. Tragically, she fell asleep at the wheel, causing her vehicle to veer off the road and into a deep, hidden ditch. “She had fell asleep and veered off the road and went into a very big, deep ditch. It couldn’t be seen from the road,” explained her father, Delmar Caldwell, to local news outlets.  

For six long days, Cassell was trapped, facing extreme conditions with limited resources. Her cellphone had lost power, leaving her unable to call for help. However, a nearby creek proved to be her lifeline.  

In an incredible display of resourcefulness, Cassell devised a method to obtain water. “She would take her hoodie and toss it, like she’s fishing,” her father recounted. “And bring it back and suck on it to have water.” This simple yet ingenious technique allowed her to stay hydrated and survive until help arrived.

This story is a testament to Brieonna Cassell’s unwavering resilience and determination. Her ability to find a way to survive against all odds is truly inspiring. We send our thoughts and well wishes to Brieonna and her family for a speedy and full recovery.

This incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of vigilance while driving, especially when fatigued. We hope that Brieonna’s story encourages everyone to prioritize safety on the road and to appreciate the strength within us all.

Fishers Roundabout Nightmare: Crashes Soar to Record Heights

Crashes have skyrocketed at new Fishers roundabout

[the_ad id="5320"]

Crashes have skyrocketed at new Fishers roundabout

Remember how much we all hated the Michigan left turns at the 96th Street and Allisonville Road intersection? Well, drivers aren’t too happy with the new roundabout, either. The number of crashes is now six times higher than it was prior to construction, according to a report by John Tuohy. There are a few theories as to why this is the case.

[the_ad id="4253"]

Hamilton County, Indiana

Trial Set for Larry Savage in Ballot Case—Political Witch Hunt or Legitimate Charge?

ANDERSON — A trial has been scheduled for July in the case of Larry Savage, a former political candidate facing a felony charge for allegedly destroying or misplacing a ballot.

Savage appeared in Madison Circuit Court Division 6 on Friday, where Judge Mark Dudley set his trial for July 28 as the second choice for that date.

His attorney, Brandon Townsend, stated that plea negotiations failed to produce a resolution.

“I’m innocent, and my attorney will prove it,” Savage asserted in a statement after the hearing.

The 51-year-old was charged last year with a felony and a misdemeanor theft charge after he allegedly removed ballots during an Oct. 3 test of Madison County’s voting machines. Savage has strongly pushed back against the accusations, calling them a “political witch hunt.”

The machine test was conducted through the Voting System Technical Oversight Program hosted by Ball State University.

According to a probable cause affidavit filed by David Peterson of the Indiana State Police, two test ballots were discovered missing. Surveillance footage reportedly showed Savage folding the ballots and placing them in his pocket before leaving the Madison County Government Center.

Shortly after taking the ballots, the footage also shows Savage whispering to Katherine Callahan, who later received a Facebook post from Savage stating that the test was three ballots short.

Savage, upon his arrest, claimed he didn’t realize he wasn’t allowed to take ballots marked “sample.” Indiana law requires that all ballots used in machine testing be sealed.

A search warrant was executed at Savage’s home, including a review of his cellphone. Investigators say his texts included a message to Callahan asking if anyone had mentioned the missing ballots.

Callahan reportedly texted back that officials were looking for them. Savage then responded, “I had three, how can they be one short?”

Despite the video evidence, Savage maintains the ballots were sample materials and not intended for actual use. He admitted he did not ask permission to take them but insists he did not intentionally commit a crime.

The political backdrop of the case raises some questions. Savage has run unsuccessfully for multiple offices, including mayor of Alexandria in 2019, an at-large seat on the Anderson City Council in 2023, and the Republican nomination for Indiana’s 5th Congressional District last year.

With his repeated election bids and his claims of political motivation behind the charges, it remains unclear whether this is a genuine case of election security enforcement or an overblown response to what Savage describes as a misunderstanding. His day in court may provide some answers.

Caught on Camera: Brazen Attempted Break-In at Sheriff-Owner’s Gun Store

[the_ad id="5320"]

“Three Hours Ago, Daring Heist Rocks Local Jewelry Store

A daring daylight robbery shook Main Street yesterday afternoon, leaving a trail of shattered glass and stunned onlookers in its wake. At approximately 2:45 PM, a group of four individuals, described as having bleached-blonde hair and sporting eclectic clothing, entered the popular jewelry store ‘Treasures of the Trade’ and made off with an estimated $50,000 in merchandise. Eyewitnesses described the group as acting with a sense of purpose, with one witness claiming they were ‘like ninjas, in and out in a flash.’ Police are reviewing surveillance footage and canvassing the area for any potential leads, as the investigation remains ongoing.”

[the_ad id="4253"]

Anderson man arrested for alleged attempted robbery of gun store

Anderson man arrested for alleged attempted robbery of gun store

[the_ad id="5320"]

ANDERSON — An Anderson man was arrested Sunday for crashing into a gun shop in an alleged attempt at a robbery. According to the Anderson Police Department, officers responded to a report of a vehicle crashing into Gunslingers at 1107 E 24th Street. The suspect, identified as a 36-year-old man of Anderson, allegedly intended to steal firearms from the establishment. Upon arrival, officers established a perimeter and found the man inside the building, where he was arrested without incident. The vehicle he used was reported stolen by the Lawrence Police Department. Thanks to the quick response from law enforcement, no firearms or ammunition were taken from the store. The investigation is ongoing, with all arrest affidavits submitted to the Madison County Prosecutor’s Office for review. as though you were a journalist for a local website. only print the text of the new article. Do not add options or extra text